WE ARE HIRING! We are looking for dependable, hard working dog lovers! Please pay attention to how to apply.
Position Title: Kennel/Animal Care Technician
Location: Fort Valley, GA
Hours: Full-Time -- must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays (shift work)
Description: Peach County Animal Rescue is seeking a Kennel/Animal Care Technician to join their team. Applicant must love animals and be self-motivated, dependable, honest, and a team player.
- Clean and disinfect kennels, indoor facility and grounds.
- Appropriate feeding including, but not limited to, the preparation and dispensing of water and food to dogs including special diet feedings.
- Awareness of signs that indicate a change of diet may be required.
- Provide quality care and a safe environment to kenneled dogs.
Medicating by administering oral, topical medications under direction of vet or rescue
- Maintain records of dogs available for adoption.
- Transport dogs to and from veterinary appointments.
- Participate in adoption events (when scheduled).
- Must LOVE and be COMFORTABLE working with dogs. If you have any fears including fears of specific breeds then please DO NOT APPLY.
- MUST BE ABLE AVAILABLE TO WORK WEEKDAYS, WEEKENDS, HOLIDAYS & BE AVAILABLE FOR EMERGENCIES (NO EXCEPTIONS -- do not apply if you cannot commit to shift work)
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Six months experience working with animals (preferred, but not required).
- Preferred knowledge of animal handling skills, animal behavior, and animal care.
- A valid driver's license AND reliable transportation
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- NO criminal history
To apply, email: PCARjobs@gmail.com with the following questions listed below by copying/pasting with answers. Please attach resume if you have one (Note: please give a minimum of 2 weeks before following up with your inquiry/application)
Please submit the following when applying:
Name, address, telephone number, email:
Why did you apply for this job?
Do you own any pets? If so, what type of pets?
What vet do you use?
What experience do you have with animals?
Please list previous jobs including titles, duties, employers, locations and dates of employment:
Salary history (present salary and salary at previous jobs):
Names of previous supervisors (Name, position, company, phone number):
Can we contact your current employer?
Reasons for leaving prior jobs:
3 References (cannot be family/friends. - please list professional references only) :
Do you meet the requirements as stated in ad?
How soon can you start?
Why should we hire you?
NOTE: APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED IF SUBMISSION IS NOT PROPERLY FILLED